iPhone won’t turn on? iPhone has a black screen & won’t start up? Try these steps to bring it back to life.
STEP 1: Recharge
If the iPhone’s battery is totally drained you may not see the battery recharge image for several minutes. Try leaving it plugged in for awhile to see if the icon makes an appearance.
Reminder: always use original plug & cable.
STEP 2: Restart
To restart your iPhone press and keep holding down the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the handset until the red slider appears onscreen. Slide it across to turn it off then repeat to turn the phone back on.
Note for iPhone 7 and 7S users: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the right top side of the phone.
If the iPhone is frozen and can’t be restarted in the normal way do the following:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds
- If the red slider appears or the screen dims, keep pressing the two buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Note for iPhone 7 and 7S users: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to force a restart.
STEP 3: Reset
Click on Settings then General then Reset All Settings
STEP 4: Restore
First of all, make sure you’ve got the latest version of iTunes. Then connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and select it when it appears under Devices in iTunes. Click on the Summary tab and then click Restore.
(If you haven’t backed up your iPhone you will be told to do so now. This will back up all the data and settings on your iPhone.)
Click on Restore. Wait until your iPhone completes the restore process and resets to the Home screen.
STEP 5: Recovery Mode
Beware: Recovery mode erases all the data on your device. Only follow these steps if you have a recent back up on iCloud or a computer.
- Turn off your iOS device.
- Plug the USB cable into your computer – but not into the device
- Hold down the Home button then plug the USB cable into the device
- When you see the Connect to iTunes screen (below), release the Home button. If you don’t see this screen, repeat steps 1 to 3.
If your Apple device still won’t turn on after attempting these steps, bring your device to our repair centre to get it fixed immediately!